for a Strong Mind & Body
What is Halotherapy?
Halotherapy (Dry Salt Therapy) is 100% natural, safe and drug-free. Halotherapy relies on a basic mineral, pure sodium chloride, commonly known as salt, to stimulate the body's internal processes for cleansing the respiratory tract and strengthening lung function. Through exposure to negatively ionized tiny salt particles in a carefully controlled environment, people simply inhale and exhale to improve their breathing.
Halotherapy has been medically recognized in Europe for over 50 years for the treatment of breathing and skin problems. This safe and affordable alternative therapy compliments conventional medical treatments as an integrative approach to produce sustainable results.
How Halotherapy Works:
Pharmaceutical grade salt is ground into microscopic particles by a state of the art halogenerator and then dispersed into the chamber. The salt is then inhaled to reduce inflammation, widen the airways, accelerate mucus transport, soak up and eliminate toxins and allergens and strengthen the immune system. Dry Salt cleanses and purifies, thereby increasing the overall oxygen exchange in the body. It removes the buildup of foreign elements from the respiratory tract that lead to and exacerbate various respiratory conditions. The non-inhaled particles landing on the skin help to balance the ph and induce the reparative and regenerate processes in the derma, increasing rigidity and stimulating cell growth and microcirculation. Additionally, Halotherapy improves hair health.
Session Details:Sessions are 20 minutes long
Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult, at no extra charge
Benefits of Halotherapy:
- Breathing easier during exercise.
- Enhance their athletic performance, endurance and recovery time through increased strength, lung function and oxygen saturation.
- Research suggests 1 in 3 athletes experience EIA (Exercise Induced Asthma)/ EIB (Exercise Induced Bronchospasm).
Types of Salt
- It is pure and natural sodium chloride that does not contain any additives
- All other salt has trace elements and minerals that when ground into microparticles can reach deep into the respiratory tract could cause adverse reactions
- Depending on where the salt is mined from when ground into microparticles some dirt and/or clay could be released
- All clinical research and studies are based on pharmaceutical salt
- Enhance the mucociliary clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects
- Balance airway-surface liquid
- Provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects
- Reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness
- Help clear unwanted inhaled particles from the lungs
- Improve lung function